How to Enable Whatsapp Dark Mode on Android and iOS Devices – Dark mode is one of the features that are currently discussed. The presence of dark mode to Android 10 and iOS 13 is one of the reasons for developers to join in adding this feature to their applications. Google and Apple have also introduced this feature to developers. If dark mode has integrated third-party applications, all applications will also use the dark theme automatically when the user activates it on the system.
Dark mode is claimed to save battery for certain types of screens. The darker the color displayed on the screen, the less power is needed.
WhatsApp as one of the top app on PlayStore and AppStore doesn’t seem to want to be left behind to bring dark mode. After adding stickers, WhatsApp also brought a dark theme to their application. Previously, dark theme on WhatsApp were already leaked on internet. WABetaInfo is the one that is actively informing about this feature. This time, I will share how to activate dark mode on WhatsApp.
How to Enable Whatsapp Dark Mode
if you want to try WhatsApp dark mode on android, you have to follow the steps below:
- You need to run the latest Android 10
- From Android settings page, go to Display and turn on Android Dark theme
- Turn on developers options, go to Settings ⇒ About phone, scroll down to ‘Build number’ and tap on it seven times
- From Developers options, turn on ‘Override force-dark’ so that you can apply the dark theme to other apps
- Dark theme is now enabled on WhatsApp
This is a temporary method. I will update this article when WhatsApp has officially released Dark Mode. So, stay tune!
- Coming soon 😎